Amazon Casting Families for a Video Shoot
Published: October 15, 2019
Attention Clients! Please check your email for this urgent Casting:
Casting Families for Amazon
Real families are encouraged to apply!
Adult Female Roles
“Liz”: Mom for family 2, late 30s. She is a busy mom, juggling their infant who is not willing to play ball and pose for the photo. Could be fun to see her close her eyes as the pic is taken. IF she actually has a toddler (under the age of 3) please note that in casting submissions.
Self Tape Direction: You are the organizer of this photo, in fact, you feel like no one else really wants to take this photo or at least they don’t take it seriously. Always maintaining your positive attitude is tough, but you have this, baby and all. In your attempts to make sure that everyone is on their best behavior and smiles are directed at the camera, you find that you keep missing those shutter clicks yourself. Chin up Liz, on the third click, look at the lens!
“Sarah”: Female, 30s. Caucasian. The whole concept is to capture a ridiculously silly, (perhaps meme-able) dance move. Someone who is not afraid to dance and be goofy! (vignette: Dance) Self Tape Direction: It has been a long time since you had a chance to cut loose. Tonight you are surrounded by your closest friends in a judgement free zone, you are relaxed, uninhibited and dancing like nobody’s watching. Show off those moves Sarah.
“Kelly”: Female, 20s. Any ethnicity. She is a sports super fan and way into the game. (vignettes: Super Fan, Commute-hands only)
Self Tape Direction: Kelly is a fan of the highest intensity. She is watching at home alone, all kitted out foam finger and all, who does that? Kelly does. Let have a range of short emotional responses:
- Focused, Staring at the screen in front of you, obviously there is something very intense about to happen.
- Focus intently at screen, your team makes a fantastic play, react while staying in frame, return to focus on screen intently
- Focus intently at screen, keep all performance on your face only, hand is slowly waving the foam finger absently.
Adult Male Roles
“Eric”: Dad for family 1, late 30s. Any ethnicity. We will see his hands, so clean hands without tattoos. He is a part of an ultra-competitive family who love board games. Self Tape Direction: Eric is a good dad, he loves his kids, he loves winning too, can he keep his competitive nature in check? Play a fun game with the family.
“Brian”: Dad for family 2, 40s. He is a super enthusiastic, cheerful dad.
Self Tape Direction:
- Family Photo - Brian plays like he feels these photos are silly, but in the end he knows what the mean to Sarah (wife) and he’s actually all in. Sarah has put in the effort to get this photo together, and Brian doesn’t want to let her down, he keeps his spirits high and try’s his best to stay focused to get the perfect family photo. Unfortunately Sarah’s first two attempts at getting Brian to focus, seems to distract him at exactly the moment the shutter clicks. Give me two moments where you are distracted at the very last second before a click, followed by a third successful click of the camera to give us the perfect smile.
- Cookie - Very simple shot, you are putting frosting on a tray of snowman cookies with your daughter, you have both had a great afternoon, and this is the last step.
Youth Female Roles
“Avery”: Daughter for family 1, 10-15 years old, any ethnicity. She is animated, lively and fun. She is a part of an ultra-competitive family who love board games.
Self Tape Direction:
- Trouble - You are playing a board game with the family, on your next turn you know you are going to win, as long as Mom or Dad don’t make a perfect move.
- Trouble 2 - You know you don’t stand a chance, but that doesn’t really dampen your enthusiasm, you know mom is about to win and ,well, she never wins. With subtlety, show me the anticipation of that final move.
- Snow Angel - Show us the excitement that comes with making a snow angel in the first snowfall of the year, you just get caught up in the moment.
“Kate”: Daughter for family 2, 6-8 years old. She has an attitude and certainly not pleased to be posing for a family photo. Any ethnicity. Points if we can cast an actual father/daughter with her and Brian.
Self Tape Direction:
- Family Photo - You don’t really want to be here, you were happily playing in the other room when mom called and got you into this sweater, but you are a good kid and kinda try to smile for the photo anyway. The camera clicks 3 times, the first two, you are distracted by everyone trying to get into position and manage only to smile awkwardly at the camera. The situation is pretty silly which makes you smile perfectly for the third click, just not at the camera.
- Cookies - Dad is the best, all afternoon he has been trying to teach you to make cookies, as he puts the final touch on the last cookie, you realize what a wonderful afternoon it has been just the two of you. 3 takes please.
Youth Male Roles
“Timmy”: Son possibly for family 1 but does not have to be, 8-11 years old. Caucasian. Impish little fella. Could wear glasses too.
Self Tape Direction: You just got a new fish, the water is filled, the bowl is decorated and now you get to feed the little guy. Not too much Timmy, just a couple of taps on the fish food should do it.
”Extras”: 3 people in their 30s to populate the dance scene. Should be fun upbeat and any ethnicity. Please send Headshots only.
- This casting is for a paid booking ($200.00 - 1,000.00 depending on role)
- You MUST be available in the Seattle, WA area for the 1-day video shoot on October 22 or 23, 2019 (schedule TBD)